California Business Litigation Attorneys Serving San Bernardino, Riverside County and Statewide
Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger--a leading business litigation law firm in California
Running a business in California is difficult. Business owners must daily deal with complex local, state and federal laws. Someone is always threatening a lawsuit, bringing an enforcement action, or stealing business secrets. The business lawyers at Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger provide counsel to San Bernardino and Riverside County clients when these challenges arise.
To be a successful business litigation law firm in California, you must have experience and knowledge in a variety of areas.
- Construction litigation arises over poor workmanship, contract interpretations, product liability, and payment disputes. Your attorney needs to understand construction contracts, lien law, licensing, and other construction-related issues.
- Employment discrimination lawsuits are a danger when hiring, firing, and promoting employees. Federal and state laws govern these cases, and employers need to understand how to avoid them.
- Wage & hour cases deal with claims that employers are not paying employees properly under the law. Your business litigation lawyer at Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger explains the laws to you so you do not put your business at risk.
- Wrongful termination cases are usually involving exceptions to the "employment-at-will" doctrine that can easily trip up an employer who wants to terminate an employee without cause. Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, a law corporation, advises you of your options.
- Employment agreements frequently contain provisions that prove contentious. Litigation arises over non-compete clauses and other provisions that limit an employee's ability to leave the job.
- Corporate disputes involve battles among a company's leaders, board of directors, or others in positions of power. These can bring breach of fiduciary duty or bad faith claims to the company.
- Business transactions that go awry often spawn lawsuits. These lawsuits can arise out of contract, tort, or violation of state or federal regulations.
- Insurance litigation happens when the insured files a claim against the insurance company, and the company refuses to pay all or a portion of the claim. Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger has represented both the insurance company and the insured in these cases.
- Securities litigation arises out of violations of the securities laws. Any business subject to the securities laws runs the risk of violation due to the complexity and strict enforcement by state and federal governments. Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger has the expertise in securities law to help your business avoid violations.
- UCC disputes deal with sales, leases, negotiable instruments, bank deposits, funds transfers, and other transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Because the UCC allows a variety of damages, the businesses involved in UCC litigation need legal representation to avoid losses.
- Lender liability cases are brought against banks and other financial institutions for improper lending practices. Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger represents lenders in the defense of these lawsuits as well as borrowers with claims against lenders.
Clearly, no one California business litigation lawyer can have expertise in all these areas of business litigation. For this reason, you should choose Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, a law firm whose lawyers have a combined experience of 170 years of practice. Together our attorneys cover all the bases in California business litigation.
Choose a team with breadth and depth of experience in California business litigation.
If you have a business litigation matter in San Bernardino, Riverside County or anywhere in California, contact Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, a top-rated business law firm. Contact them at 760-320-7161 or online for an appointment in their Palm Springs offices.