Riverside Estate Planning Lawyers Serving San Bernardino County
Experienced Attorneys for Wills, Trusts, and Probate Litigation in Riverside County
Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, A Law Corporation is a leading estate planning law firm located in Riverside County. Led by a Bar-Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, our wills and trusts attorneys have several decades of combined experience helping clients secure their assets and protect their families’ futures.
Decades of Experience in all Aspects of Estate Planning
At Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, we pride ourselves on providing insightful, compassionate, and cost-effective representation for a wide array of estate planning matters:
- Wills and Trusts – Our attorneys have decades of experience drafting comprehensive and pour-over wills, living trusts, gift trusts, generation-skipping trusts, and all other forms of advanced trusts recognized under California law. Wills and trusts are fundamental to developing a sound estate plan – especially for high-net worth individuals – ensuring that assets reach their intended beneficiaries while avoiding unnecessary probate and minimizing estate and gift tax obligations.
- Advance Directives, Living Wills, and Powers of Attorney – Advance directives (also known as “living wills”) allow you to make your own end-of-life decisions without requiring grieving family members to shoulder the load. Durable powers of attorney allow you to determine who will manage your finances should you be unable to do so in old age or following a catastrophic injury. While these documents may ultimately never come out of the drawer, if they do, they will be well worth the investment for both you and your family.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships – Like advance directives, from an estate planning perspective guardianship nominations are contingency plans for unthinkable circumstances. The same holds true for conservatorship nominations. However, if you have minor children, or if you are entrusted with caring for an elderly or disabled family member, you need to think about putting these documents in place.
- Probate – While avoiding probate is often a major goal of the estate planning process, the reality is that in many situations it will be unavoidable. Our attorneys represent clients in Riverside County and beyond in all facets of the probate process.
- Trust Administration – We also regularly assist clients in trust administration. We counsel trustees regarding their fiduciary duties, and represent beneficiaries and creditors in enforcing their legal rights.
Contact an Estate Planning Attorney at Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger in Riverside, CA
Our attorneys have the knowledge you need and experience you can trust for planning your estate in California. Schedule an initial consultation today by contacting Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger online or calling the firm at 760-320-7161.