Call Now To Schedule A Consultation 760-320-7161 760-320-7161

Do I Need a Real Estate Attorney?

Do I Need a Real Estate Attorney?

California has the most regulation of land use than any other state in the country. Because new development often takes place in the desert or hillside, regulation is necessary. The need to remodel and give fresh updates to older structures while maintaining the architectural history is great.

The attorneys at Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, A Law Corporation have specialized skill in helping real estate developers follow city codes for development. For example, the city of Palm Springs regulates land use development through a careful application process. The smooth planning and development requires following these procedures:

A determination of what general plan and zoning designations apply to the property It is important to determine the general plan zone so the proposal includes information relative to the allowed use, height limits, size and other development limit projections.

A pre-application review for projects that are complex This review will allow you to preliminarily pitch the project to the city. Many governmental departments review your submission and provide feedback in the form of a summary of identified issues. Issues identified may come from the fire department, have a connection to concern for building and safety, or include questions of engineering. This process will assist in the careful design of your project.

Formal application Once determinations to the general plan and zoning are made and the pre-application has resulted in clear formulation of the planned development, a formal application is submitted.

Increase your chances of successful acceptance of your proposal by the city by using an experienced Palm Springs real estate attorney. We are skilled in all areas of real estate law, including planning and development and disputes with your HOA.

COVID-19 Notice

We are open! Our attorneys and staff remain prepared to help our clients through these extraordinary times. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance. Please email your attorney or contact us at 760-320-7161 for further information.

Awards & Affiliations